Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Gift Circling, Crowning, Crafted

Oh man, this gift thing is fun...and challenging. Its 11:06pm...and I JUST now looked at the list...even though I've been thinking of 'gifts' today...I didn't think of this specifically...
  1. Circling: I look down at my left hand and see these 2 beautiful rings circling around my finger, symbolizing the fact that I have, laying beside me on the couch...an amazing man who I have entered into a life-time covenant relationship with...I am incredibly grateful to be married to my best friend -- who is STILL my very favorite person in all the world to be with...I felt like I waited a long time for him (now I think its silly I thought I was OLD when I was only 26 when I got married...but in comparison to many of my friends...I was several years 'late') -- I'm blessed to share my life with this man...
  2. Crowning: not exactly a crown, but...it makes me think of the dear sweet heads that belong to my little boys...which are covered these days in 'hats'...not crowns, per sey, but..."crowning" isn't exactly in my daily vocabulary so I will use some liberty with this one! I kiss their sweet foreheads all the time - I don't know why its one of my favorite spots to kiss them, but...I just love their sweet little foreheads...and am grateful to have these two healthy happy little boys in my life...they were both difficult to conceive...and I do not forget the pain involved in waiting for them...now they are here, and I am grateful that I get to be their Mama...and happy they both seem to be very fond of kisses!
  3. Crafted: there is evidence all over my home of various crafts from my little 4 year old, who is continually creating and using his (over-active!) imagination to give me and many others gifts made with his own sweet hands...it is his joy to make things and wrap them up in blankets, pillows, paper, whatever he can find...and though I admit the clutter is really starting to get to me...his little creations bring such joy to me, and I love seeing the evidence scattered all throughout this little home. I am blessed.

1 comment:

Beautiful Books and other inspirations said...

My three gifts for this were:
Circling: giving that gets returned
Crowning: Birthday Crowns by my friend Missy and
Crafted: our bucket lists