- I inherited silveware - like, REAL silver-ware from my Aunt - my mother's sister...it is polished and lovely - and not something I would have been able to buy myself...but something beautiful to have...we tend to only use on 'special' occassions, but when I use it, I think of my Aunt Jeannie, and am reminded of the blessing of the life I have and the people I have to share it with...
- I'm looking down as these bright Santa-ish-looking slippers my Mom bought me a couple weeks ago with these little silver bells on them jingling with even the slightest movement...and think about a few things to do with these puffy, cheery slippers with the silver bells...a) My Mom...is probably the most generous person I know...she does not have much, to be sure...but she is kind and generous, always giving little gifts and making meals, and blessing me...and many others...she is the most amazing example in my life of grace and kindness and godliness...my life is richer in so many ways for having her in it...I could write a book about tis lady...but...onto my b) Jonah wears these slippers and puts on a Santa hat OFTEN these days, pretending to BE Santa...wrapping up presents, toys, papers, whatever he can find...and it makes me smile, thinking of his imagination and excitement for Christmas...I love seeing life through him - he makes everything so exciting and fun! c) Levi is quite smitten with these slippers, too -- the fuzziness and the jingle of the bells...I literally have to throw them on the other side of the baby gate or he will have that white fuzz in his mouth...my life is just oozing these little boys...they are in every part of what I do and what my life entails every day...and I (mostly!) love it!
- I have these pretty little silver hoop ear-rings that Jason got me for Christmas last year...or perhaps it was the year before...he is sweet to buy me ear-rings every year for Christmas....and they are the only ear-rings small enough - AND pretty enough to be able to wear with Levi - he tends to be very grabby!!
And now...I must go to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment