- My front door. We have a very old house, and while it is cozy and sweet and I am so incredibly grateful to have our own little home...there are many, many things I wish we had the money to change...all the layers and layers of not-so-lovely wallpaper, for example...But...I am choosing to see the things that are sweet and beautiful...and my door is one of the things I love...it is wooden and old...and red! My favorite color! And right now it has a toll-painted Nativity wreath on it - and it is country-ish and sweet and welcoming! One of the things I love about Christmas is all the brightly colored reds and greens everywhere! Beautiful...
- The two red stockings hanging on our mantle. We got them our first Christmas together, and, even though I have a terrible memory...I can vividly remember and actually almost feel the excitement and fun we had shopping together looking for them and any other little treasure we could find that suited our fancy, running around Target without a care in the world, except for being in love. We have gone through alot together, me and Jay...man, I love that guy.
- The jars of raspberry jam on my shelf in the kitchen -- I discovered a couple years ago how easy it is to make raspberry jam - and how much more delicious than store-bought -- I am down to my last two jars - which means there will likely be a new batch in the next couple weeks - I love making it - and toast with raspberry jam is one of my favorite snacks/comfort foods. Delish - pretty - and cheaper than store-bought. Lovely.
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
3 Gifts Berry Red
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment