- The Drummer Boy...I don't think this guy is in the Bible, but he's got his own song -- and one of Jonah's favorite Christmas songs -- he's pretty sure HE is the drummer boy -- it was the part he played in his Sunday School concert...a few days ago we were reading a library book about the Christmas story...each page, someone new from the story entered the page...Jonah says to me: "I can't wait until the drummer boy comes." Well...the story ended and the drummer boy didn't enter the scene, so Jonah says "Why didn't the drummer boy come, too? He's important, too...I'M important, too." (Seems that he WAS listening when we were telling him how important his part was in the concert!) So...I love the Drummer Boy...and we love that song in this home!
- All the songs we have about Christmas - its amazing to me how many different songs there are, describing this beautiful holiday, and telling the story of the arrival of our Saviour...I love Christmas music -- one of my favorites is "Mary, Did You Know?" -- as a mother...it is amazing to me to think of what Mary must have gone through, first of all giving BIRTH in a BARN!!!! - are you serious??? and having a child inside her body from the HOLY SPIRIT?? -- oh my soul -- think about that...that is crazy!!! And to raise a child who did not sin. Who she knew would be the Saviour of the world?? How overwhelming and emotional the whole journey of motherhood must have been for her...I love hearing this song - especially the line that says "When you kissed your little baby, you kissed the face of God..." so beautiful, so humbling...that GOD came to us in the form of a baby...
- I love hearing the Christmas story read from the Bible -- out loud. My Dad reads it every Christmas morning - and its so familiar, but I still love to hear it read...I love thinking about how GOD...left His place in heaven...to become a baby...so he could become a man and we could identify with Him as a person...so He could DIE...so we could live and have a relationship with Him...and could spend an eternity with Him...its simple, familiar...and incredible.
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
3 Gifts Bethlehem - Unlikely
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment