We had a potluck with our church tonight for youth group -- and Jonah came along with us and had the TIME - OF - HIS - STINKIN' - LIFE. I'm not kidding. I don't think the boy stopped running from 5:00 until we dragged him out of there at 8:15...he could barely sit up when we got him home - but he insisted on a 'tiny tiny tiny tiny snack' - so he pretty well ate a banana lying down and then zonked out, poor fella. I LOVE watching him have fun - and he comes alive in a crowd -- especially a crowd of crazy teenagers who are all chasing him and paying attention to him. I love it!! There's something about seeing such joy in your child that just makes you sooo happy, ya know? I love watching him participating in the games and being so uninhibited - its so cool.
Anyways...it was a fun night - and I'm excited to anticipate the years ahead with these kids...we have a young youth group - all junior highers -- and I sometimes struggle with the 'lack' of closeness, but -- I know it will come if we stick around, and if they stick around...it may take awhile, but...I'm excited to see these kids grow in the years to come.
I'm not sure if Jonah will be so keen on staying home when we go to 'goup goup' after tonight...Erin, you'll have to really up your anty with him! :)
1 comment:
well I must say that I love that you are loving those young kis. Mark Fogarty and his wife Melisa were the most important people in my life as a young teenager .. they were my youth leaders for 4 years. I later worked for Mark and he eventually spoke at my first wedding. (i say "first" in hopes that one day there may be a "second" and last).. Love the heck out of those kids.. Young teens are tougher than older ones I think... but so impressionable and THEY WILL REMEMBER your care and attention to them when they are older. bless yah for being there for them!
:) and i can just imagine Jonah running with those teens.. you're right.. time of his LIFE!
Post a Comment