Wednesday, March 2, 2011
i miss my coffee
Soo...I had the flu a couple weeks ago. Odd, seeing as I've had it probably twice in 10 years. I mean, I had the FLU!! Chills, sweats, vomiting, aches like you wouldn't believe. It didn't last long, but...I have not felt great ever since. And some strange 'side effects' too, if you will. For example: coffee. I have not enjoyed one single cup of coffee in the last 2 weeks. I have LOVED coffee since I was in high school...and I keep trying to enjoy it again, but...just have not been able to. Very sad. BUT -- considering I am trying to get healthier, perhaps its a blessing in disguise, considering the amount of sugar and cream (18% ONLY!) I add to it. I have been drinking green tea lately. I know!!!! Something WEIRD has been going on in my body, that's for sure!! I am still not feeling very good -- an awful cold, so I have myself convinced drinking tea with honey is going to help - but, really, I think I need a 'replacement' for coffee...I made myself a cup of coffee this morning, and only finished 1/3 of the cup - and am now drinking myself some Earl Grey...what has happened to me?!?! (and for those of you who think I'm pregnant...I assure you I am not.) more on that later, though. please pray for me about that, will you?
Anyways. I miss a good cup of coffee, and hope that someday soon I will find myself enjoying this delightful beverage again. Tea is really not comparable. But, it'll do. For now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Drats...you negated my first suspicion! That truly is very odd, though! I, too, have been a bit under the weather lately and am quickly growing fond of teas! I'm told green tea is especially good for you, so kudos, Kristi! Hope you're up and running normally soon!
I love my coffee too, but lately have been loving loose leaf teas! I picked up a cute tea pot with strainer and there is really nothing like loose leaf tea, especially compared to the bags. Try it! You'll really be addicted!
testing....
Sweet!! it worked from work. I made a test message so I wouldn't write something long then it not post you know.
First off.. I literally pray for you to have a baby all the time. I will be driving or singing or doing dishes and you and your desire to have a baby will pop into my mind. I feel like I talk to God about this so so often Kris.. Far more than even you and I talk about it. That is my hope for you my dear girl.. that you will "be with child" soon. :)
And now that you are finally feeling better I am sooo looking forward to a real and proper visit with you on Thursday afternoon. A time of green tea and happy chats. :)
Thanks for always commenting on my new blogg. I have been obsessed with my blogg and our food blogg that i havent checked your in so long. And the notify thing wasn't happening anymore.
Anyways.. Im back and will check everyday in hopes of a new post.
much love coming your way..
Lovies.. Amanda
Post a Comment