Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sayings of Jonah

While this dear boy has been a little more...ummm, frustrating over the past week of sickness and 2-year-old-ness....he is really quite a little charmer...he seriously is always complimenting me...telling me I have nice earrings, nice hair, nice shirt, nice cheeks (he seriously does tell me I have nice cheeks...isn't that hilarious?!)...honestly -- this boy is good for the ego, that's for sure!! Yesterday, out of the blue...waiting for supper, he had his elbows on the table, and his sweet face resting in his hands...and he says: "mama? You're my best friend." oh my goodness...today, i'm getting supper ready, and he says: "thanks for making supper for me, Mama." Oh...you're welcome you darling boy...

and these days, he is LOVING helping me with everything. ev.ery. thing. seriously -- it can be a little annoying/time consuming sometimes, but...he's got the sweetest little heart, I don't want to break his spirit...and I DO want him to really be an actual 'help' to me someday, so...I let him set the table, and put the peanut butter on his toast, and carry his milk to the table...and I can barely step foot by the fridge or sink or counter, without him running and getting his little chair and dragging it over to the end of the counter to help me...He's the sweetest. Not without incredibly frustrating moments, but...he's really just the joy of my heart...

2 comments:

WakeupMaggie said...

This child makes me so happy. I love reading the things he says and does and i super love that he sais you were his best freind. that melts my heart and makes me so happy that you get to be with him at home.. your own home.. and raise him as he should be raise. I am PRO moms at home.. lol.. i know.. coming from me.. a outside fot he home working mom that may be weird,.. but I think its usually best for these dear little ones to spend as much time with their moms in their own settings as possible. I am happy you are able to give him that. I know he will have trying days as all children do, but he has a dear little heart and bless him for that :)
You're a great mama Kris.. and I just love yah.
Huggs today and Im already looking forward to beinga stay at home mom these next 5 months and making homemade treats, going tot he beach and taking little day trips with our boys.. (shoudl we buy them matching clothes? ) lol.. Imagine! Silas would HATE it and Jonah would LOVE it.. lol

Anonymous said...

I agree with EVERYTHING amanda said! I love him soo much
EB