I am a good cook, is that rude to say?! I'm a good baker, too, at most things. Most things, except...Bread. I cannot make good bread. I have tried a few times, unsuccessfully, and...all the time and effort put into making bread, and then not having it turn out...is very. very. discouraging. and frustrating. and makes me mad. BUT. I have a goal. In 2011, I will become a good bread maker. I think I will. I'm certainly going to giver 'er a 'go.' My mom just made 19 loaves (yep - that is NOT a typo!) of delicious, seriously - DELICIOUS - oatmeal molasses bread...and I have decided: its time. Time to become a good bread maker. My grandfather's family owned a bakery: Bredin's Bakery (not a very original 'name', but...whatever.) - he was a good bread maker, my mother is a good bread maker, and...I think its in my genes: so...I have made a goal - that is about to be published on the world-wide-web: to become a good bread maker. There ya go.
I love toast. I love bread. And have never comtemplated a no-carbs diet (or diet of any kind, to be honest) - so...it only makes sense that I should be able to make my own. So. 2011...watch out. I will not be making New Year's resolutions to lose weight -- I will, in fact, probably gain even MORE weight if I accomplish my goal, but...whatever. I look forward to the challenge.
1 comment:
19 loaves...holy Hannah! (or should I say "holy manna?") :-) you go, breadgirl Bredin! It's in your genes...you can do it! My secret to achieving halfway decent bread...let the bread machine do the mixing and kneading! Good luck...I'll be anxiously awaiting the results!!!
Post a Comment