I am challenged by my friend, Amy, to be counting blessings, to be really SEEING the little things each day that are such gifts...its easy to feel sorry for ourselves sometimes, and to see the things we WANT and don't have, but...I am reminded often of all the good things I have. Some of the things that easily become mundane, when I stop and think about it...are gifts. Gifts not everyone has. Its seems lately when I try to convince people that things in MY life are difficult, too...they throw the good things that I have back in my face, which is annoying, 'cause sometimes I just want a little pity, ya know?! But -- then when I really stop and think about it...they're right...I have some great things in my life. Not a perfect life, but...a really great life. Shared with a husband who loves me, and a little boy who is (most of the time!) the joy of my life and the reason I finally feel like I am who I was made to be...Still. People, when I complain or vent or try to share my struggles...just oblige me, will you?! hahaha. It takes a lot for me to finally reveal my struggles and imperfections...just let me!!!!
So...today I am thankful for:
- a napping boy. I need naps these days, and am grateful that I can sleep and not worry that he is getting into something he shouldn't. 'Cause he surely would - he is a busy little boy!!
- a clothes line; because of this, I have the most delicious smelling sheets!
- fresh, yummy, home-made raspberry jam.
- friends that give me heaps of rhubarb!
- My family living only minutes up the road. When I got married and moved to New York, I never thought I'd live near my family again. It is a huge, huge blessing to be so close to them, and to have them in my life daily. And in Jonah's life! He adores every single one of them.
- being a part of new joys in the lives of two of my dearest girls...and anticipating with them the excitement and happiness of what's to come!
- getting chicken on sale, and knowing hours ahead of time what we will be eating for supper! Anyone else get stuck ALL THE TIME on what to make for supper?!
- Finding Peanut M&M's on my shelf when I was in great need of something chocolate and yummy to eat.
- snuggling on the couch with Jonah before his nap...in part because we were freezing, and I refuse to turn on the heat on JUNE FREAKIN' FIRST!!! Extra cuddles, though...NEVER a bad thing.
- I suppose I can say publicly now, since the few of you that even read this already know: It is the hugest answer to prayer that RIGHT now, I have a baby growing inside my belly. For a little over 11 weeks now. I wondered at times in the past 2 years, if it would ever happen again - would I ever be able to carry another baby, would I ever give birth again, would I ever name another baby, nurse another child, be able to see Jonah as a big brother?! I continue to pray every single day for the health and safety of this little life...and I am sooo incredibly grateful that God is giving us the blessing of bringing another life into this world...that I get to be the Mama of even just one more child?! What an honor, what a huge, huge gift. I am so incredibly grateful.
- And before I write too many more blessings, 'cause I certainly do have more...I need to get a little bit of rest while I can...this little tiny baby just sucks the life right out of me most afternoons. Being pregnant at 34...very tiring. wow.
So -- Happy Wednesday to you, dear friends.
8 comments:
Woo-Hoo!!! The news is out!!! :o) So happy for you guys...what a blessing and answer to prayer!
I think we ALL need to work on counting the thanks...and I think God understands the times that we sink into self-pity. As long as we don't dwell there; it's all good. Dare I say that, or shall I lose my salvation? I'll risk it.
I'm glad you sometimes vent and share your struggles. It makes you REAL. I like REAL. And I just love you!
ok, so i even knew that you were pregnant and i still cried. :) just love you so much and am so thankful for YOU! and jonah! and jason! and that beautiful babe! cannot wait to see you all in just a few weeks! love, love, love you!
that rules! we love ya sis! can't wait to see jonah be a big bro too!
love ya sis
So happy for all of you.
Okay, so, somehow I discovered this blog that you never told me about. I won't hold it against you :). Especially since you're pregnant and we know it can be somewhat of an emotional overload! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am SO excited for you, Kris!!!! Yay!!!! Totally just made my night.
Oh, yeah, it's me - ang ... shannon.
I love when we are reminded of what we have.. we can all get to a pint when we need a little extra lovin and sympathy.. and also dear dear friends who loves us so much they can gently remind us of what we have an dto be greatful for such good things. Thansk for the shout out.. I saw that there silently in amongst the list.. :) you're the very best and I need not say how happy and thankful I am to God that you are indeed "with child" . I love you my dearest best girl..
xoxoxo
If i forget to ask you.. PLEASE tell em how i can get your update notices to my inbox???
Post a Comment