Thursday, June 30, 2011

our old stompin' grounds

We're on vacation - and staying at a Bed & Breakfast in Woodstock, New Brunswick right now...haven't been in this town for soooo many years, and just being here brings back so many memories...our old NBBI days -- all the fun and friendships that were made in those 3 years...still to this day some of my very closest friends are friendships that began at 'the Institute'...and years after graduating...re-uniting with an old friend, and falling in love with that man who is laying beside me right now...what a beautiful thing to share my life with someone who shares so many of the same memories and friends. We're going to NBBI tomorrow to see a few friends, and hopefully have a little time to 'explore' before we head to Maine to visit his family. I love being here, and sharing this sweet little room with my husband and my little boy...Jonah was sooooo excited today -- such a great little traveller, just so happy to finally be on our trip!!

We all laid on his bed tonight and prayed, and his prayer was: "Dear God...thanks we're on our loooong trip...and Mama and Daddy are my best friends...and thanks for my special bed, and Mama and Daddy's special bed. Amen."

I love it. I do...for the most part, just love my little life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i adore your life! you guys are my heros and I miss you so much I have tears in my eyes.
love eb

Rachael said...

Aw, how sweet!!! Haven't been to the stomping grounds in YEARS! I've heard it's changed quite a bit. Have fun strolling down memory lane!! Travel safe!

Life With My Joys..... said...

Hey Sweets! We JUST got home - as in, like an hour ago. I dropped my phone in a sink full of water while we were in California, so it is dead. Facebook me with your trip details, okay? We MUST see each other! Or you can call Kev's number....same as mine, just with a 1 at the end instead of the 0. Love you, girl! Sorry if you've called like eighty million times. My phone - she be dead.