Wednesday, June 22, 2011

he loves to prove me wrong

...my last post was about Jonah's new-found terrible sleep habits...its been taking over an hour some nights in the past week to get him to sleep -- yesterday for his nap, he laid in bed (well - 'laid' is not the best choice of words -- he was 'in and out' of bed) for over an hour before he finally fell asleep -- he woke up around 4:00, and though a late nap has never before hindered his bed-time...it did lastnight - taking almost an hour and a half before he finally settled (and when we went in to check on him before WE went to bed...I couldn't open his door, 'cause he was LAYING ON THE FLOOR with his blankie and puppies, sound asleep...talk about heart-breaking.

So anyways. My point: I decided to try to NOT nap him today -- I told myself, I'd put him in his room, and if he did NOT fall asleep after an hour, I'd go get him, and we'd just put him to bed EARLIER tonight.

Well -- guess who fell asleep without a fight in about 5 minutes flat this afternoon? Yep -- my boy, he loves to prove me wrong.

I work tonight...so, we shall see what kind of battle Jason has putting him to bed, and if that crazy little boy will be sleeping when I get home from work at 9:00.

Always an adventure. You are all terribly thrilled with today's blog entry, I feel quite certain about THAT!!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Haha! I love you, Kristi!!! Your posts amuse me!
Today it's the battle of the sleep...before ya know it, it'll be the battle of the ever elusive "eye roll"...and then the infamous battle of the "sassy mouth". :-) Don't feel bad...it happens to the best of us!!!! Hang in there!

Angie said...

yes, the ol' "fall asleep right at the door, making mommy feel terribly guilty" move...last one to pull that on me was cait. grrrr....;). happy to hear he went down well today! fingers crossed that he's back to his ol' self!