Saturday, April 28, 2012

our watery eyes

Everyone in my family is a bunch of cry-ers...when we're laughing really hard, we all, inevitably will have tears streaming down our faces. Its a Bredin thing. We all do it. We cry when we fight. We're a fairly passionate bunch, and happy or sad, we tend to let the tears roll down our faces fairly easily. Its when the tears start rolling that I know the emotions are kicking in, happy or sad, hilarious or angry. True in my own little household as well. We're in the living room right now; Jason is napping, Jonah is watching TV, laying on top of him, and I have the laptop on...my lap, of course. Which is why I can conveniently write this so I don't forget it. I just told Jonah we're having Erin and Danny, Mike and Alyson, Mitch and Alix, Ryan, and Martina over tonight. All college-age and older. Jonah says to me: "Ohhhhh -- I love those, people..." He does. Truly, some of his favorite people, right there. Ryan has been away at university all year, and these two are great little friends, despite the almost 20-year age difference! A few minutes of silence goes by (except for Jay's snoring. Oh my word. Jay -- even in the DAYTIME I have to listen to you snore. give a girl a break!) Then Jonah says to me: "Mama?" "Yes, Jonah?" "I'm a tiny bit crying." "Why, Jonah?" "I'm just so happy. You know how when Levi was born and you were crying 'cause you missed him so much, and you were so happy to see him? I'm just so happy, too." I love this boy.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Oh my word what a sweet boy. This made even my eyes leaky! Although, with all the free-range hormones roaming my body these days, that's not hard to do! :-)
Wish your sweet family lived closer!!