Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

...seemed kinda like a normal day up until by hubby got home from work, but - something about a special 'love day' to make you feel a little more inclined to go 'the extra mile'...which, I didn't today. not for lack of wanting to, mind you, but...I didn't have a vehicle the last several days, so...no store-bought goodies...my mixer broke, so...no home-made goodies...no groceries, so...really no goodies at.all. but...Jonah and I made some pretty little cut-out hearts to decorate the windows:

And we did make cards...(Jonah gets very, very excited to do 'crafts', but...loses interest pretty quickly, and wants to play with his Chuggington trains...usually after I've just gotten everything out...but) - we did manage to get a card each for Daddy/hubby....

We also thought it would be a good idea to shovel the driveway this morning for Jay for when he came home so he wouldn't have to do it. So we did. Every bit of our enormous driveway...and then an hour before Jay got home...it started snowing again. but...I couldn't bring myself to go do it again, so...when my poor little hubby came home after working all day, he had to shovel...poor little fella. We almost didn't go out, 'cause we were so tired at the end of a long, 'normal' Monday...but...I'm so glad we did...

It was nice to go out, just the two of us...and we went to a really great restaurant with absolutely delicious food. Both had French onion soup for an appetizer, I had prime rib with roast veggies and twice-baked potatoes, and caramel cheesecake for dessert. And coffee. Oh my soul, it was soooo delicious. Jay had a seafood platter and adored it...So - it was a lovely day - and another reminder of how blessed we are, for even having love in our lives...I am happy to be married to this man who has been my best friend for so many years...my life would not ever be the same without him...we are true, true soul mates, that's for sure...so. Happy Valentine's Day...(not really directed to jay, since I'm pretty sure he never reads my blog, but...) to you, my faithful 2? 3? readers... :) Hope it was a special day for you.

Also - a special shout out to my little sister, Erin...for not only babysitting for me sooo much, but for loving my boy so much...that's the most amazing thing to have someone who loves your kid so much...even if she is his aunt...she goes waaaaay beyond her call of 'duty' in loving this boy...they are so close and have so much fun together...i don't worry one bit when Jonah is with Erin...she's part of our little family, for sure...we love you, Erin....

2 comments:

Angie said...

oh.my.goodness. that is the most adorable picture EVER! seriously! he is just so cute and yummy and CUTE! love it! and love you, my dear friend. so happy that you and Jay got some time with just each other. so needed. i love you and your boys!! talk soon! xoxo

Life With My Joys..... said...

Such a sweet post, Kristi. Super cute hearts in the window, too. Love that you loved your date. Man. I love dates....

Love you dear friend!