Friday, February 18, 2011

Pine Sol fresh

I had a house FULL of kiddos this morning -- 4 momma's and 7 wee ones...and they all had to leave in a hurry after they were fed lunch...(thanks again, girls!) - hahaha...so, Jonah thankfully helped me clean up the toys before his nap...then I spent a good part of the afternoon cleaning the kitchen...and my floors...it was long overdue, anyways, so...a good excuse to mop and have my house smellin' like Pine Sol...I do love it...and something about clean floors makes the entire house just feel so much cleaner. So, now, for a few moments before the boy wakes, I will relax, catch up on my blogger friends and write a short post myself...

I was supposed to go away this weekend with some girls, but it got cancelled at the last minute, for a couple of different reasons...so, looks like we'll be staying on our Island on this "Islander weekend" -- there's a holiday on Monday called "Islander Day" -- isn't that great?! Jason doesn't have to work, and we will be relaxing at home, and then going on a sleigh ride and having a potluck with our small group - and we're just excited to have the weekend together after a busy week...I don't even WORK (really) and I seem to run out of days...I don't know how people work 40+ hours a week and still look after a home and kids and have any sort of social life....i hope I don't have to experience that...I love being home. I love having people in my home, and...I'm just happy I get to be the one to raise our boy.

Who, by the way, is getting to be wwaaaaaaay too big. He's changing so much these days, just learning and communicating so well...and he's just so much fun to be with...beside the little 'tantrums' he has occassionally, he is a joy. I'm so proud of him...he did so well this morning sharing his toys...his very, very favorite toy was snatched from him by a girl bigger than him, and he got soo, so sad, but...other than that moment, he did awesome...he's a bit of a people pleaser and loves playing, so he does a pretty good job of endearing himself...

Okay. I don't even know why I'm writing, I certainly don't have any lofty 'points' to what I'm writing, so...I will sign off. Happy weekend, everybody!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Glad you enjoyed your day, Kristi! And I'm so glad your enjoying your boy! It really is a good life, this stay at home mom thing, eh?! Have a great weekend of togetherness!