Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My naked house

Finished taking the Christmas decorations down today (except the stockings, 'cause Jonah kept hanging them back up), and...I kinda like having my home back to normal, except: I have about HALF as many 'normal' decorations as I do Christmas decorations, so....my house seems bare. Everyone says that after they take their decorations down, but...the thing is: I have barely bought any items for decorating for my house. Like, ever. So...I feel it is time for me to 'grow up' and start buying things for my home. So...this is my year to really become a 'home-maker'...I'm gonna give 'er a whirl, anyways. Bread. Home decorating. Sewing. Did I mention that I have started sewing?! I made myself an apron this fall, and it turned out pretty good. So, I decided to make a 'rag quilt' for Jason for Christmas. And...I did not finish it. ugh. But -- I am going to. And - he did open it, and he did say it was his favorite gift, but...poor fella: its really only half done. Anyways. Can't do it all, right?!

And. My computer battery is about to die, so...I'll take that as a sign that I've been on here long enough and need to plug it in and get ready for bed. 'Nighty night.

3 comments:

Life With My Joys..... said...

Kristi!!!! Loving your new bloggy pics, too! What are you talking about - not being a homemaker?! You are TOTALLY a homemaker! Speaking of needing to grow up....I NEVER buy clothes for myself - I hate to shop. But, I love vintage funky stores and yard sales - specifically to look for things for my HOUSE! Ha! When Mom gave me money for Christmas, she ordered me to only buy clothes and nothing for my home! My wardrobe needs to grow up, apparantly! :0)

Angie said...

I agree with amy..you are a homemaker, you crazy! and i too, love to shop, shop for vintage stuff and yard sale! however, i too, love to shop for clothes, jewelry, shoes (oh, how i love shoes!), and pretty much everything else...soooo, how 'bout the three of us get together and I'll be both of your shopping consultant!!! i'd LOVE that! miss you both soooooo much! *mwah*

Anonymous said...

those pics are sooooo cute! love that kid!
love lil sis