Monday, January 10, 2011

on my mind right now...

  • how I want to become a more skilled seamstress. I just made 3 bean bags for youth group for a game we're playing this week. And I actually love sewing. I love making quick projects, and though it was just straight lines, I feel a sense of accomplishment at making something new out of something old (old jeans).
  • how annoying it is that my computer shuts off anytime its 'working too hard'. Like today, for the second attempt, I was trying to watch a video that a friend was sharing with me about a 'business opportunity.' And also...how I really don't want to be an entrepreneur...so, in a small way, today it was a relief when it shut off and I don't have to make a decision about whether or not to 'join' this business venture. pheuf.
  • supper. ugh. I run out of ideas and sometimes just don't feel like making supper. but, it doesn't mean I won't be thinking about it. left-overs it is, tonight.
  • the message in church yesterday, and how we were challenged to be friends with people outside our Christian circle of friends. how on earth else will we be able to 'earn the right' to tell people about Jesus? so. I am feeling like I need to, in fact, get to know my neighbours better (or at all, for that matter: the ones on one side of us moved in a month or 2 ago and i STILL haven't met them. shameful.), and just that we need to be more 'intentional' about spending time with people. I am feeling better about the 'friend thing' recently...just letting go of some expectations I've had of some people, and feeling even more blessed and happy about some other friendships...I have to rant about things for awhile and then I can better let it go. thanks for listening, those of you who have. And I make no promises it won't happen again.
  • my little boy, who is calling me from his nap, upstairs. And how he has been the sweetest little thing in my life, especially lately, just watching him grow and change and become more of who he is. He is such a funny little fella. And so sweet and tender-hearted, (though strong-willed at times, too!)...and I love watching him play with his Chuggington trains, and seeing how much he loves them. I love that he calls Puffer Pete, "Puffah Pait", in a British accent like on the show. And I love that lastnight when I asked him if he loved his mama, he replied "you my best friend". He's a delight. I mean that. So - I will close this blog and go get him so we can snuggle on the couch before he wakes up too much and has to be 'on the go' again.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Good thoughts...gee wilikers I wish we lived closer! And thanks for your kind, encouraging words on my blog, friend!