Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We've reached another milestone in our boy's life: he is potty trained! Yay!! We started a week ago today, and I will say - he has done fantastic!!! I cannot believe how fast he caught on. The first day, we were wondering if we were going to lose our minds, but - the second day was much better, and by the 3rd day, he definetely had a pretty good handle on things, and each day has gotten better and better. I'm soooo proud of him!! He still won't really poop in the potty, but...I'm sure that will come! I can't believe I won't be buying more diapers for this little fella. (hopefully!) - he's still not 'night trained', but I don't think it'll take long. So, he's consumed quite a few Skittles, but - soo worth it for all he's accomplished!


Fall has proven to be a little cooler than I'd expected, but...I'm loving it - I feel like I'm getting into a bit more of a 'groove', and just enjoying being home, and getting organized, and cooking and baking (a bit) - and...we just went applepicking on the weekend! And I'm excited to bake some apple bread, crisps, pies, muffins, and just chomp on those fresh, crisp, delicious apples. Reminds me of growing up in the Valley - apple and pear orchards surrounding our home - my first "job" was picking the drops from the ground, and the smells and feel of being in the orchards reminds me of my sweet childhood. And I love re-creating memories from my childhood for my boy. I am enjoying more and more, this blessing of being a mama. I'm quite certain its what God created me for. Not that there aren't frustrating moments and days, but...I am delighted to be doing what I do, and raising such a wonderful little boy. He is a delight. Almost 2 and a half, I can hardly believe it. I was going through old clothes of his this morning to give to a friend, and I can't believe how much he's grown already - time flies. It is a challenge and a reward to savour these days...

No comments: