I want to write so I won't forget...
Life has been a little sad around here lately, just with things happening in our family, and in the lives of some friends I love, and just...life...there is a lot of sadness sometimes. its not always something I can hide from my kids...even when I think they aren't noticing...
the other day when I was talking to Erin about some things that were making us sad...Levi seemed to not be noticing, as he was playing with the little nutcrackers she had given him that morning. After she left, and we had eaten lunch I was cleaning up, and he says out of the blue "I sorry about you, Mama...."
I ask what he means...and he says "I sorry you sad. I want to hold you."
so sweet. I have always felt like my boys were very sensitive and aware of the world around them - they seem to have always had sensitivity towards others, and compassion...I'm so grateful, and it has been my prayer almost every day of each of their lives, that they would love God, love others, and bring joy to people around them. They bring me much joy. and frustration too, of course...but I am so thankful for these two little sensitive boys that call me Mama. They are so forgiving, so adoring and full of grace for their weary, short-fused mama.
No comments:
Post a Comment