Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Nutshell happenings here these days

I feel like I always have thoughts swirling around my head - and while I need to process sometimes...journaling is helpful - and I have been doing that...but I've been talking - to real people. Also good. But - then...I like looking back on this blog and seeing what's been going on in my mind too. So -- I'll just snapshot my life, so I can look back on something a little less detailed than my journal and real conversations, but...still something to take note of on here just the same.
  • Levi is up these days around 6:30 - which seems far too early in my opinion. But - he's still a great napper. I suspect he will sleep in later once I give up on the nap, but -- I'm not willing to do that yet. Jonah sleeps til 7:15 if I can get that loud little brother of his out of the room in time!
  • We have been watching Suits lately - and are loving it. I have always loved lawyer shows -- my first lawyer love was Matlock...and I was certain I would be a lawyer or private investigator when I grew up. The thought of that makes me laugh now. Although I'm super good at reading people and remembering faces - I could probably work for Cal Lightman on Lie to Me (check that show out if you've never watched it. It used to be my favorite a few years ago.)
  • I got my oil tank replaced today. It has a 'lifetime guarantee'. I likely won't live in this house long enough to make all the cash it cost me worth it for ME though. Next home-owners: you're welcome.
  • I got my hair cut today because Erin was willing to walk around with Levi checking out the stores and listening to him repeat "hair cut?" about a million times. I believe he did that, too, 'cause that kid LOVES to repeat. He is a really good talker. Incredibly verbal. Which has its advantages and disadvantages. Never a moment of quiet around here. Except for right now while Jonah is at school, Levi is sleeping, and Sophie is happy laying beside me.
  • We enrolled Jonah into baseball (t-ball) this summer instead of soccer. I hope he likes it -- there's only 33 kids at his age level - 3 teams of 11, instead of hundreds of kids all playing on our local soccer turf at once...one little guy from his class is on his team. So - I'm excited to see him play and to be part of this smaller community of parents and kids.  I'm hoping my work schedule doesn't interfere with it too much. He plays Tuesday nights and Saturday mornings...and my shifts are different in the summer, and I will likely be working a lot of Saturdays. Blech.
  • Its freezing cold here even though its almost June. I got a sunburn 2 weekends ago, but since then it has been super cold. And we haven't had oil in our tank as we knew we were getting it replaced. Not cool, PEI. Warm up already.
  • I'm really trying lately to be more disciplined in reading. The Bible, a novel, a parenting book, and still Tim Keller's "Counterfeit Gods" -- which every Christian should read. I'm super slow and easily distracted, but I do love what reading does for my soul.
  • Still loving my Bible Study on Monday nights with the girls from our new church...I love getting to know people and digging into God's Word together...I have been so encouraged by these girls the past several months and love being part of this group as we are studying gifts...so interesting and vital to the church body.
  • Jonah has lost three teeth in the past few weeks. He's so adorable, and his little voice is so cute. He's getting so big - and his love of the Wii is driving me crazy a little bit, to be honest...but we try really hard to limit his time...I resist this 'day and age' sometimes and the technology -- but I find myself falling into the pull, myself. Its a balancing act.
  • Been feeling encouraged these days with the girls I am able to connect with - I try really hard to get together with girls during the week - the availability of people is hard, with a lot of people holding jobs during the day, but -- I love getting together with people and having quality conversation...it brings me great, great joy. I try to not feel too lonely when I don't get to 'connect' though...I also love being home and doing things around the house...and try to rebuke myself when I start to fall into loneliness...its hard sometimes spending the majority of my time, just me and Levi...but I refuse to be super duper busy all the time too, and neglect this boy and our home and just my own time of being quiet and resting, or working in my home, whatever it is...I don't want to always feel the need to be seeking fulfillment from relationships...I crave time alone, as well...
Anyways. this is for my benefit, don't feel like if you're dropping by this blog, that you think I think I'm an amazing writer or anything...I literally write, and post, and sometimes go back and re-read. I don't edit, and I don't sit here conjuring up ideas that might make me appealing to you. Not my goal.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

well you are appealing to me...I think we would be really good friends if I lived there Kris. I'd love to share our hearts. Love ya