Monday, March 25, 2013

My baby is 15 Months

I mean, seriously...he is every bit as delicious and sweet as you might imagine by looking at all this cuteness right here. And he gave us REAL kisses tonight for the first time...he's been giving us those open-mouth, slobbery sweet baby kisses for a long time...but we got the real deal tonight - puckered up and the sound and everything...for about 5 minutes straight...we were all in a trance - none of us wanted to stop!! Me and Jay were both kind of holding him when we were kissing him goodnight, and Jay kissed me on the cheek...and its like Levi finally understood! Haha -- kisses all around...we were melting on the spot, I'm telling you...so sweet.

So - this babe...is just a little cuddle-bug...so sweet and easy and charming in his own little way...he doesn't give his affections to absolutely everybody like Jonah did at his age, but...to those he does...he can just weasel his way right into your heart. He is quite a fan of Aunt Erin and Mammie -- reaching out to them the instant he lays eyes on either of them...and cries every time they leave.  He's made both of them quite smitten, I think! He loves praying -- holding our hands and nodding his head up and down while he says several times "awww-men." At night-time when I'm holding him and he's sucking his thumb, he'll take his thumb out to say amen when I'm praying with him. So sweet.  He loves to sing and dance, just like his brother! He can't listen to music without tapping his little feet and bending his knees. He's a great sleeper -- sleeps anywhere from 12-14 hours at night, and naps once or twice during the day, for a good 2 - 4 hours (unless he sleeps in too late, then he'll nap only once).  He's a good eater -- can easily eat as much as Jonah.  We went to Boom Burger the other night and had to order him his own hamburger -- yikes...eating out is getting more expensive now!  He loves hamburgers! Still loves his milk! And BREAD -- oh my word, sometimes we have to hide the bread if we're having it with a meal, 'cause once he spots it, he only wants the bread.  He's walking everywhere -- and starting to pick up speed now!! And he sneaks up the stairs every chance he gets! He's not quite as good at getting DOWN, though, so I have to keep my eye on him!  He's a very easy, content baby -- just plays and reads books and entertains himself...he's quite a fan of Mama, too -- seems to need more snuggles and being held lately, but...still very good to just play.  I wouldn't say he has a 'strong personality', but...baby definitely knows what he wants - he's not super easy to distract! Persistent, for sure.  loves books - and loves climbing up into his little black chair, and slides down into it so his head can rest on the back or on the arm...so cute.  He adores Jonah -- and they play quite well together -- he's not afraid to stand up to Jonah, though!!

I can hardly imagine my life without this little fella in it...we are all just so in love with him...He may be the 'second child', but...he's certainly not hurtin' for affection or attention! Just so tiny and cute and lovable! I am loving the stage that both these boys are at right now -- wish I could make time stand still sometimes...I am still just truly so happy that I get to be their Mama and get to spend so much time with them.  Its not all bliss and roses all the time...but...I am very aware of the gift and blessing they are, and the joy is truly mine, that I get to be home with them...time goes entirely too fast.

Happy 15 months, baby boy. We love you.

No comments: