Saturday, January 5, 2013

Gifts

So...whatever...I didn't do the whole 30 days of Gifts thing in December. So what?? 

Here's to a new month!! A new year!!

Moving on...(or am I???)

I maybe just needed to read her book...so yesterday, I started reading One Thousand Gifts...and I will try to start recording gifts on a more regular basis. I may or may not share them on here. Its too much pressure!! haha. But...long before this book came out, I remember keeping a Blessing journal, back in the day...and its so good to 'choose' to see the gifts and blessings...for we really do have so many...and to be intentional about seeing them will certainly make a more grateful heart, I'm sure.

One quote I love so far from this book is:

"The highest form of prayer is to the goodness of God...
God only desires that our soul cling to Him with all its strength,
in particular, that it clings to His goodness."

For He really is...so good. Isn't He?

Every night (maybe we've missed a couple) - but most nights since Jonah was a newborn, we've sung "God is so good" before bed-time...and I still think about the simple words...and I know...He is good...He's sooo good to me.  My prayer for those in my life right now who are a bit jaded in their opinion of God...is that they will see His goodness...and know His deep, deep love...its about HIM, after all...not about us, or how we 'ought' to be...if we see His goodness and experience His love...how can we not be changed?

Its the choosing to see part that holds us back, I guess.  I need a healthy dose of perspective sometimes...and for me, in this stage of my life...its in choosing to count my blessings...and remembering how very blessed I am.  For I am. Blessed, indeed.

1 comment:

Angie said...

love this.. and LOVE that you sing God is so good every night. you guys are amazing parents.