My sweet little 2 and a half month old has found his thumb. I could near melt seeing his chubby little hand by that sweet little face, sucking away, and soothing himself to sleep. I was resistant to the soother at bedtime, because I was getting annoyed putting it back in his mouth if it fell out, so now that he's discovered his thumb and when he feels the need to suck and can find his thumb...it makes my life easier. and its just so darn cute.
I am finding myself falling more and more in love with Levi each day. It certainly helps that he's slept through the night for the last 3 nights, too...and that his naps are longer and more predictable. I am not holding my breath as of yet, claiming he sleeps through the night and has consistent naps. Nope - I know better. But, I will take what I can get, and enjoy it.
I have moments of loneliness, with 2 little boys and me couped up in this house while winter rages on outside. And I have moments of delight when I connect with other friends and family and feel myself being ME and not just secluded in my own world of 'still trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing'. And I have moments of such clarity that I am doing what I was made to do: mothering these 2 little boys.
Erin asked me yesterday if I have any desire to go back to school.
I have ZERO desire to go back to school. I have zero desire to work, either, for that matter. I like being home, and doing what I want to do (i.e. what my boys want me to do these days...), and not being confined to anybody else's expectation of my job performance in order to receive that delighted pay-check. Nope. I'd take being poor and doing what I'm doing any day over that.
I'm finding myself again, it seems. And having Levi work his sweet little soul into my heart is bringing more clarity, that I am to be a Mama right now. And that I need to be enjoying these days, they are so fleeting. Jonah will be 4 in less than a month, which means, I have a year and a half left with him until I send him off to school. I cannot even imagine that right now.
So...
Tonight. Let it be written that: I am happy. I love being a Mom to these sweet little boys. Its what I was made for.
4 comments:
Aw....such a sweet, sweet post, Kristi. Motherhood is hard work; but so, so rewarding. My girls were thumb suckers too...best invention by God....ever!
Hope you enjoy the rest of your week!
Such a sweet, delightful post, my friend. Methinks it's my favorite that you've written, thus far! How I wish we were neighbors, sipping coffee, going for walks, catching a few minutes of uninterrupted conversation... However, I shall have to take journeying this season of motherhood together from afar - and reading your sweet, sweet words in this lovely little space. I love you my friend....
~Amy
Such a sweet, delightful post, my friend. Methinks it's my favorite that you've written, thus far! How I wish we were neighbors, sipping coffee, going for walks, catching a few minutes of uninterrupted conversation... However, I shall have to take journeying this season of motherhood together from afar - and reading your sweet, sweet words in this lovely little space. I love you my friend....
~Amy
I loved this post too. So grateful that Levi is sleeping better for you! And loving that you are starting to feel settled as a mama to these sweet boys. You are such a wonderful, loving mom and friend Kris. Love you.
Post a Comment