Thursday, March 1, 2012

Finding my groove...

(This is more for my records and information than anyone else's entertainment - just sitting here with the laptop on my lap and feeling like I need to record some stuff...)

Slowly...ohhh, sooo, slowly...I think I am finding my groove.

Levi is still waking up waaay more than I'd like him to be in the night - he goes to bed usually between 7:00 and 7:30 - and wakes up between 7:30 and 8:00 the next morning...but is usually up 3 times in those hours. His first stint he's asleep anywhere from 4-6 or 7 hours, then he seems to be up every 2 hours 'til he's really "up"...not cool, but -- we live in a tiny house, and Jason wakes up at 5:40 every morning, and...I just don't have the energy or the heart to let him 'cry it out' just yet...though I think he probably could sleep through the night - when he does eat, he usually falls asleep within a couple minutes, so - I think its more of a comfort thing than a hunger thing. He's a quick nurser anyways, which is nice. Anyways -- we'll hopefully get him to start sleeping longer and waking up less...soon. Very soon, I hope. I'm just not quite ready.

Jonah is still absolutely smitten with his little brother...its so adorable. If Jonah is playing happily by himself and I start talking to Levi, he instinctively and immediately gets up to come over to him and talk to him too...he doesn't wanna miss out on anything!




Levi is pretty unpredictable with his naps, but -- he is sorta doing something like an hour or hour and a half nap in the morning...an hour or 2 around noon - and an hour before dinner...

That's what I LIKE him to do, anyways...until he's napping longer, when he does THAT, i'm happy. Its the 4 or 5 20 minute naps that about send me straight into insanity.

He's had a few 3 hours naps on his belly -- but, just when he does it, and I expect him to do it again the next day, he decides the 4 or 5 20-minute naps are more his style.

Anyways. I'm finding my rhythm, I guess. I'm smitten with this little boy, though I still find any amount of crying incredibly hard to take. why is that?! anyways. I gave him a soother for the first time a few weeks ago, which does seem to settle him down - but I try not to use it all the time...and am trying to not put him to bed with it...sometimes when I'm desperate I do, though.

He went to the doctor on Monday for his 2 month appointment. He's 11 pounds and 12 ounces, and about 24 inches long now. In the 50th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height. Jonah was always in the 95th percentile for both - until he started moving around more - when he was around 9 months old. We may have a tall skinny little fella with this one!

He has his first immunizations tomorrow...Jonah was always really good getting his needles - let's hope Levi is like his brother with that!

Okay. my battery is dying and I have to up and make my second layer of home-made Snickers bars...yep - that's right.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Aw....your boys are so sweet! Glad to hear you're getting your groove on! :-) Man, I always find the first few months so challenging. Figuring babies out is hard work!!!
I like what you said about writing down things for your own recollection...I find I blog more for my own journalling sometimes more so than for others reading enjoyment too! But I do enjoy so much reading up on your life!!!