Today is my due date. I have 50 minutes left, and then I'm officially 'overdue'...though I have felt 'overdue' for quite awhile now...honestly, I do not remember feeling sooo many of the things I've felt in this pregnancy with Jonah. Back in August, I remember feeling anxious to get this baby OUT!! What on earth?! We are literally days away now, and I still am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that there is going to be another child in this family...I will be nursing a newborn any day now...still very surreal to me. I can't wait to meet this baby!! I feel so uncertain with the unknown arrival of this baby so close to Christmas, not knowing if I'll even be AT my family's Christmas dinner, whether or not I will be with Jonah, opening presents on Christmas Day, whether I will be at my church's Christmas Eve service (I love Christmas Eve services!), eating yummy food and playing games after up at my Mom and Dad's...so many things that are such 'tradition'...I don't know if I will be participating in them this year.
But then I am reminded of what a true, true miracle it is that I am having another child...and I'm quite certain that once this babe arrives, and I am holding him/her in my arms...all the other stuff...just won't quite matter the same way I think it does right now. Its just one year. And a little life that is soon to make his/her presence known...at the already most wonderful time of the year...what a gift!!
So...I am trying -- really trying...to not be so anxious...and to ENJOY this...there's nothing I can do to MAKE this baby come out...and I want the timing to be right and not rush things.
So. Due date. Whatever. Jonah came on his due date, but...I guess this babe has other plans.
2 comments:
I love you. And jay. And jonah. And this sweet babe already. If (and i really hope you aren't!), but if you are still preggo when we arrive on christmas eve, perhaps all this little one was waiting for, was for me to arrive to help out. :). And i plan on helping! Just so you know! Xoxoxo
Oh, the anticipation!!! I love your outlook...whenever, whatever....time is a vapor. I get so tired of people sharing the gloom and doom of how our lives are going to change/how busy we're gonna be, etc. We KNOW all that! But we also, in the past 12 years, have learned how QUICKLY life stages go by. It's all temporary. Francis Chan has an awesome rope illustration that reminds me how we always live in and for the first five inches of the rope (life here on earth) when we fail to remember that the rope actually never ends (eternity)! I love your attitude.
Anywho...didn't intend for this to be as long, deep or confusing as it is! :-) Hope your little one decides to make his/her appearance soon! Dying to know what "it" is!
Post a Comment