Monday, November 28, 2011

The last few days...

...Jay took 2 days off to have a 4-day weekend so we could celebrate Thanksgiving...and it was so nice to not have TOO much on our agenda...besides being together, eating, decorating....fun stuff, ya know?! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving - and even though its not a 'holiday' here...it sure felt like one in the Paulino home! We had my family down for a HUGE delicious feast -- lazed around (as much as you can 'laze' around while you're preparing a huge meal!), watching the Macy's Day Parade...then did some Christmas decorating...and finished the evening with Erin, watching Miracle on 34th Street (the old one!) -- it was a lovely day!

We shopped a bit on Friday (and were VERY thankful it wasn't technically Black Friday here...though some stores were trying to be...) - busy enough for me and this preggo body...I can walk around for about 10 minutes and then I'm pretty well done-for. Oh my word. I hope I don't feel like this for the rest of my life. Side note. Sorry to complain.

We were supposed to go out with a bunch of friends for an Ugly Sweater party on Friday night, but...by 7:15, Jonah was pooped, and...so was I...so - me and Jay stayed home and watched Water for Elephants. Not bad.

Saturday night was our town's Santa Claus Parade...which is adorable. Even though it was freezing. And most of the snow we got on Wednesday was gone...but -- it was still sweet, and Jonah loved it. He missed his nap in the afternoon, 'cause he was so excited about the parade and hanging out with the family in the afternoon (Uncle Mike was home for the weekend!) - he fell asleep on the way home from the parade at 6:30...and woke up moments before we had him all changed and ready for bed, to remind me that I had told him he could have cereal before bed. Little monkey. But we had lots of time at the end of the day to hang out with the sibling, playing games, eating, and watching comedy TV! - our favorite things!

Anyways. We are already in the holiday spirit -- even Jay has INITIATED at least twice in the last few days to play Settlers....we've been playing games, and eating yummy food, and hanging out with the siblings...and enjoying our Christmas music...and are anticipating the arrival of this babe who is causing me such physical anxiety...

I am having ultrasounds the next few weeks at my Doctor's referral - as she thinks my belly is 'quite large' and wants to be sure everything is fine. I think its code for: "we want a reason for you to have a c-section because that is what you've made quite clear you don't want to have, but we are the doctors and we don't want it to interfere with OUR holiday plans." But. whatever. we shall see.

I still feel so unprepared and surreal about having a newborn in my life. But...getting very excited, too. I hope I can do this. Oh my word. My patience level is...very low these days, it seems. I hope I can be a good mother to two little ones.

Jonah is sooo great 95% of the time. Honestly - I'm not even just saying that. But the other 5% of the time...he drives me CRAZY. He is like me when I'm upset - gets very upset and flies off the handle...and is sensitive and apologetic about 5 minutes later, after he's gotten 'it out.' Fine. Just frustrating when I don't have the physical energy anymore to deal with it. But...he's so sweet, too. Always telling me lately that I'm his best friend, and I'm beautiful and he loves me. He's quite a little charmer. Its hard to imagine having another little one that I will love like I love this little boy. But I know I will. And he's so excited to have this baby...it will be so cool to see him with him/her...

Anyways. this entry is not to be poetic or interesting for you...I'm aware that's not my forte these days...but...its a means of recording my thoughts...and not having to search around for a journal and a pen...I don't have a comfortable enough spot to write...my belly is way to large at this point.

I have my ultrasound tomorrow morning - I'm anxious to see this babe...and though slightly tempted to 'peek' at the gender...I want it to remain a surprise. Only a few more weeks to go now!

Our first 'real' snowfall: Jonah was VERY excited to finally make snow angels!

Quite a fan of licking the beaters of the whip cream:

And our 3rd annual Santa Claus Parade adventure with Erin:

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I LOVE all the pics!!! Such a beautiful family...
A rather large belly, huh? Hmmm...perhaps a hiding twin in there?? :o)
Anxious to hear how your ultrasound went...did ya peek?!
Have a great day, Kristi!