So...we did it. After 6 years of saying we should go to Cape Breton in the Fall...we finally did it. We thought it might be nice to get away, even just for one night, just the two of us, before Baby #2 comes...and I am soooo glad we did. We had the BEST time -- Cape Breton is breath-taking, to say the least. We had perfect weather...and just enjoyed being together -- and were confident Jonah was having the time of his life with his Aunt Erin at home. We did miss him, of course -- but we seriously just had so much fun together. Pictures do NOT do this place justice -- though I'm sure a nicer camera could capture it a little better than mine did...here's just a few of the many, many pictures I took. We took our time and stopped whenever we felt like it...which also meant, we missed the ferry on the way back home, literally, but less than a minute -- the lady waved us to keep going - and when we got to the ferry, the 2 men walked down and said "too late"...luckily there is a Bridge - and it didn't take too much longer than the ferry would have. Other than that one tiny disappointment...it was a perfect weekend. Here's a few pictures to entice those of you who live 'away'...to come a little closer, and enjoy this beautiful land...AFTER you visit us in PEI, of course!!





2 comments:
wow those are really beautiful! i need to look at all the pics again. that highway pic is incredible
love ya sis.
eb
I am seriously SO happy that you guys got away together! Especially before this little bambino makes his/her appearance (which I am SUPER excited for btw!!). I have never been to cape Breton and those pics you took were amazing! You need to print some out and frame them! Just gorgeous! Let's chat again soon! Love u.
Post a Comment