Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My life lately...

...as of today, I am 29 weeks pregnant. Which means, baby is about 2.5 pounds -- and my belly is...growing rapidly, to say the least. Which also means, more pressure on that darn sciatic nerve, which is basically my main complaint besides feeling extremely tired. I'm quite excited to finally meet this babe, and be a family of 4! Hard to believe.

...today I had my THIRD root canal. oh joy. I'm wicked hungry, but my mouth is still very frozen, so...I will try to wait a little longer to indulge my appetite. Which is hard to satisfy these days.

...involves frequent trips to the bathroom. Which is serving 2 purposes in the night-time, at least: emptying my own bladder, and...waking my 3 and a half year old to encourage him to stop peeing in his diaper. He's been potty-trained for over a year, and still pees and often poops, in his diaper. We are working very hard at it, though. Every morning, he either is excited that he didn't poop, or he hangs his head and says "oh no...not again..." Poor little fella. He's trying, though. So - hopefully by the time baby #2 arrives, we will only have a newborn in diapers...we shall see.

...we started a small group at our house. We've been part of the same small group with people from our church for 5 years, and decided that this year it was time...so...lastnight was our second time meeting...and it was great! We're studying the book of James...and even though most of the people in the group are actually friends of ours...I realize, in the discussion about trials...how difficult it really is to be really vulnerable in sharing personally about trials. That will come, I'm sure, but...still. It was great. Nice to not have to head OUT on a rainy Monday night.

...I dyed my hair yesterday. Its quite dark, actually. Jason doesn't think it looks much different, but...Jonah assures me its 'boot-iful', little darlin'.

...I'm enjoying reading these days...mostly just mindless silly novels, but...still - something I'm enjoying, along-side all the TV shows I am loving these days. And fall knitting has started, too, to make me feel even just a tiny bit more productive as I sit on my butt and watch TV...

...I am dreaming of selling all we own, to travel the world, and see and take pictures of beautiful things. Feeling like I want to get away before this babe arrives, but knowing the furthest we can get ourselves is Nova Scotia -- mostly thanks to the free ferry pass I won awhile back from our local radio station. So...trying to be thankful that we can even get ourselves that far. Hopefully in the next few weeks...

...I really should put myself down for a nap. I work tonight, and know I will regret not having even a tiny little snooze before heading out when Jay gets home from work. So...I sign off.

...oh -- and I almost forgot: I bought croissant glazed doughnuts this morning from the Superstore....you cannot believe how delicious these things are. Once this freezing wears off, I will be devouring one of those sweet treats. For the baby, of course.

No comments: