...is changing...today is the first day of kindergarten for 5 year-olds, and back-to-school for all other kids. Its almost like I think I'm exempt - like it doesn't change MY life, because I think I have oh-so-much time before it will affect me...Its called 'denial', I think. I have two years left with Jonah before I have to 'send him off' to school. I am not completely fooled, however: I know time flies. I'm reminded of this often. And even in this current chapter we are in...it will be very, very different, in just a few more, short months.
Life with 'just one' will be no more...the reality of having 2 children is beginning - just barely, but still: beginning to sink in. I had a doctor's appointment this morning, and there was a new mom with an 8-week old little boy in there. Its like it hit me: I will have one of those in just a few more months. We've been in such a care-free (in some ways) stage of life this summer, going to the beach whenever we want, skipping naps, later bed-times, un-healthy lunches, because...we can. Jonah is so adaptable, and so ready for any and every new 'adventure' we present to him. He's easy, for the most part. So much fun and up for anything...I get nervous about thinking about having a newborn again - the sleep deprivation, the schedule of naptimes and feeding times, and changing diapers every hour...yikes. I'm very excited, don't you worry...just...a little apprehensive about how it will all change...'life as we know it.'
I sort of love, sort of hate change. The good things in my life, I don't ever want to change. The not-so-good things...I am constantly trying to find ways of manipulating to bring about change. Uncertainty makes me a little nervous. I'm not a super-organized person who can't adapt, but...I like to feel safe, to have a little bit of an idea of what's up. Already I feel out of the loop sometimes, if I miss out on things...what on earth am I gonna do when I have a newborn AND a toddler to contend with when making choices about socializing vs. family...
Anyways. I know I'm not the first to feel this way. I know I will adapt, as everyone does...but...still. just some thoughts.
We had an awesome weekend, camping, going to the beach...just soaking up those last days of summer. And even though school doesn't neccessarily affect ME...it still marks the end of summer, the beginning of Fall...and while Fall IS my favorite season...I still feel sentimental about leaving summer behind. We got such a late start, i guess...but, its definetely been an amazing summer...and there's something 'safe' about starting a new season, knowing with it will come some sense of routine and 'normalcy'...and Fall cooking and baking. And apple picking. And making pickles (hopefully!) and hopefully some grocery-shopping. I've neglected that much of the summer, just picking things up here and there, so i can get in as much of our beautiful beaches and nice weather as possible. But. Its time. I have GOT to get organized.
Rambling a little to much here, even for my liking...
Good-bye.
3 comments:
Man, that little guy is adorable!! I too feel summers end approaching...love fall, but what follows it? Not so much.
Hope you're feeling well, Kristi! I love your ramblings, by the way...
I am all for fall and leaving Summer in the dust. The cool breezes an dchilly night air, jeans and long sleeves shirts and scarves BRING IT ON! I loved the pics of jonah especially the one in the sand all barried up.. super duper cute.
i miss you blogging. i know that's ironic, coming from me, who never blogs. :) but, I do. so, please update on that sweet boy of yours and that sweet babe in your belly! pics too please!! xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment