Friday, October 10, 2014

on being thankful

I can actually find about a million things, I think, to be thankful for...perhaps I should start with that...not even trying too hard, I bet I can just easily type off a bunch right now:
  1. My hubby, picturing him out there somewhere on this Island, driving those people he loves, likely with a smile on his face, music blasting, enjoying this beautiful, sunshiney day -- anticipating him coming home and telling me what adventures he got up to today with some of his disabled clients -- apple picking, taking a 'leaf tour' - or just regular doctors appointments and dialysis, stretcher runs, and school kids. I'm so happy he has a job where he doesn't have to sit in an office - I know that would eat at his soul a little bit each day. I know he is making a difference in people's lives, every day. He's a hard guy not to love.
  2. This amazing weather lately. There is a breeze today, which is nicely drying those towels out on my clothesline...and the Fall sunshine -- oh my soul, its so lovely. I love Fall -- I mourn the loss of summer a bit every year, because we love the beach...but I do love Fall -- wearing jeans and sweatshirts.
  3. I love that Jonah is up at his Papa and Mammie's this afternoon, enjoying his cousins. No school today - he has a five-day weekend, and he couldn't be happier!! I love seeing all those cousins playing together.  I love my boys having so much family around all the time - they adore their "flamilies" as Levi would say.
  4. Spaghetti sauce all ready and simmering in the slow cooker. I love that I won't be rushing to get everything on the table when we all arrive home, hungry, after picking Jason up from work.
  5. My pup is clean!!! we have a dog groomer just the next driveway over, and though she doesn't always do exactly what I ask her to do...she is cheap, and convenient...and saving me the hassle and gross-ness of cleaning Sophie up myself. I can let her on my couch without puking now. ha. she wasn't actually that bad. But it is nice knowing she's clean.
  6. The lawn-mower sound outside my window. even if its not my lawn that's being cut! ha! something I like about hearing that sound, I don't know why.
  7. The six little squares I just ate of the Cadbury Fruit & Nut bar. yum.
  8. This book my Mom got me at our library book sale, The Explicit Gospel, by Matt Chandler. I haven't read much yet, but I have loved what I've read so far, and am excited to get into it a little deeper.
  9. Sitting around the table lastnight with my little sister and my sister-in-law, talking about babies...I love having those two girls in my life...anticipating my little sister's baby, who is arriving sometime in the next two months...I can't wait!!! I really can't.
  10. I deleted a few programs of this computer about an hour ago...and it is not humming at 500 decibels...that makes me happy. am I a techy, somehow???
  11. See -- already -- I came on to write on this blog, intending on giving into my sometimes melancholy...but chose to think about good things...and it actually has changed my mood. awesome.
  12. I hear that darling little boy upstairs, having a little cough...and it reminds me, seriously...how blessed I am to have him. In our conversations lastnight about babies and siblings and parenting, etc....I was saying again how grateful I am that I had ONE child...let alone two...I am so, so, so, so happy my boys have each other. I would have imagined I'd have four or five children - my whole life, I imagined that...but really...two?! what a blessing. I'm still hoping for and begging God for that third one...we shall see what He has in mind, though, I guess. just waiting on Him.
And that's all for now. I have some left-over pumpkin in the fridge just aching to be used for something delicious, and I'm going to run out of time here if I don't get off this quiet little laptop.


I love Thanksgiving weekend. and I love that we get to celebrate TWO Thanksgivings in our family. October and November. I can't wait to eat that delicious meal on Monday with my family.

1 comment:

Beautiful Books and other inspirations said...

I personally think you are very lucky to have the kids you do!!! I sure love them and treasure all the moments I get to "practice" on them. The other day having Levi sit on my floor playing lego with Danny while I made supper was one of my favorite memories! I just love both of them and you and jas so much. Glad I have great examples of parenting and marriage! Love ya. ES