Wednesday, October 30, 2013

worship

I love Jesus Culture...if I could sing like anyone, I'd probably sing like Kim Walker.  That girl can sing, oh my word.  I was listening this morning to them sing You Won't Relent, and the phrase that stuck out to me...

"I don't wanna talk about You, like You're not in the room.
Wanna look right at You, wanna sing right to You..."
 

I was thinking how odd it would be to sit in a room with a bunch of people...and talk about one of the people sitting there with you.  To go on and on about that person, describing them, how you feel about them, what they've done for you and what they mean to you...with them sitting right there listening...like they're not there...instead of talking to that person. 
 
I know Jesus is different...there are times we talk about Him and times we talk to Him.  But I was thinking how much more it seems to actually BE worship when you're directing your thoughts, words, music, actions, whatever...TO HIM.  I'm not trying to think of something new and profound to say about this...just have been thinking about it for the past hour...and wanted to write it down...so I think about it and remember.   

No comments: