Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Kindergarten

This is my baby's first day of kindergarten...He did so well, that dear boy of mine...Jay and I both took him to school, as the school request you do that on their first day of kindergarten...he was pretty excited...but once we stepped into his classroom and reality was setting in a bit, he got a little nervous...and a little teary when it was time for us to go...I gave him a Kleenex to put in his pocket if he needed it...when he came home on the bus that day...he told me he didn't need his Kleenex, 'cause he wasn't sad for long at all. So -- that's good!! I knew he'd do great...and every day since, he's done well...its still not quite real to me that this is now the new normal...I miss him...I think about him soo many times during the day...I'm used to spending all day, every day with him...I really do miss him.  But I'm so so happy he's enjoying school...and I LOVE when he gets off that bus and comes in and tells me about his day while he eats his snack.
I'm so happy that his little friend Hunter is in his class...Hunter and Jonah have known each other since they were babies...and I'm so happy they get to play together every day now.

Seriously. Where does the time go????? I love this kid. I am so proud of him.  He comes home every day from school and tells me all about his day...and its strange, to have so many hours that I am not with him...but its such a relief to know he is happy and having fun...and I'm so grateful I get to be here when he gets off the bus, and that I still have over 4 hours to spend with him before he is completely exhausted...I'm still so grateful that I get to be home instead of working and missing out on time with these boys. 

And its been really nice spending more one-on-one time with Levi...the first two days Jonah was in school, Levi was soo so happy!! He just seemed delighted to have my full attention!! Now yesterday and today, I think the novelty wore off a bit!! haha....he seemed to be missing Jonah a little today.  But I am enjoying having some time to spend with Levi...and he is changing so much - learning new words every day...and just developing his little personality more and more. He is BUSY!!!! Does not stop moving...until I take him to bed...which he fights sometimes...but by the time I step into his room, his head is snuggled in to my neck, and his thumb is in his mouth...and he is more than happy to lay down in his bed with his blankie...he seems to say 'menay' like Jonah did, about his little blankie...and he LOVES LOVES that little blue blankie.

I'm exhausted tonight...but felt like I should record SOMETHING about Jonah's first few days of school...I tend to spend more time on my ipad these days than on my laptop...and though I've gotten much better at typing on my ipad, I still can't quite imagine doing a whole blog post on it...so I have to make it more of a point to actually turn my laptop on so I can write on here...

So. that is all for tonight.

2 comments:

Beautiful Books and other inspirations said...

awww i love reading this. what a sweet guy. i love that pic of him by your red door. he has such a SWEET smile!

WakeupMaggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.