Wowzers...I clearly don't write enough - I feel like there is so much to say to catch up the past month or so!
Random thoughts here, because its to keep track of my life, since I am not journaling or even taking an abundance of pictures lately...what in the world is wrong with me?????
So - I turned 36 on April 26...and that is perhaps the reason for my failing memory and lack of organization. perhaps, but...I think its just me.
I got an Ipad mini from Jay for my birthday...which I didn't really wanna take out of its plastic wrap because...we truly cannot afford an Ipad mini. But -- I'm grateful for a kind husband who loves to spoil me and tries to encourage me to have nice things and even though I know the truth: he never makes me 'feel' poor...he is sweet like that. holla back for credit increases on your credit cards less than a week later, too, am I right???? :)
So - that's been fun...and Jonah is pretty pumped about it, too! Thanks, Jay, for one more thing to lord over Jonah's head when he's mis-behaving. Which seems to be often these days, but...that's not what I'm writing about today. 'Cause he's a good boy...its not his fault he's so much like his Mama, it about drives her crazy most days because...when we're both happy, we're awesome...and when we're not, we are verbal...and get mad and are stubborn and don't back down 'til we get our WORDS OUT!!!! yikes. let's just say, I realize a lot about myself, watching this kid.
and its our own fault for choosing to have our wedding one week exactly after my birthday. we get pretty low on the funds every year around this time. and we cannot help but celebrate: we do love ourselves some birthdays around here!! its NOT our fault that we had Jonah 2 weeks exactly before my birthday...that was out of our hands...but...it contributes to the celebration/broke-ness we experience in the month surrounding our anniversary....
so, yeah, we celebrated our 10 year anniversary on Friday. We thought it deserved to be celebrated with an overnight in Moncton at the Residence Inn...which is un-be-lievably nice. Like: I would live there -- it is so clean and huge and has everything you need: full size stainless steel fridge, dishwasher, kitchen, dishes, couch, dressers, KING SIZE BED!!! -- huge shower...oh my soul -- its beautiful. The only thing missing: a tub. But -- they DO have a hot tub. Which we certainly took advantage of! And we had the whole pool to ourselves. Good thing: we laughed our foolish heads off, re-enacting a scene from New Girl that is hilarious when you're not....tiny, like we are...not. hmm. anyways. we had soooo so much fun -- felt like we were on our honeymoon - it was just so fun not having a schedule or kids to come back to -- just walking around Moncton, eating Mexican food, going to the movies, eating cheesecake...relaxing in the hot tub - waking up when we CHOSE TO!!...eating a delish breakfast, shopping, laughing, talking, dreaming, and just enjoying every minute. for real. it was awesome. we missed the boys a little bit, but...we just enjoyed each other. and its always nice to have an opportunity to miss your kids...I was so happy to see them again. Didn't take long to get back into 'real life'...so, a nice little break every once in a while is good.
Ummm. hmm. what else is going on these days? oh yeah. we're going to NEW YORK for the summer! what?????
So -- Jay's heart has certainly never stopped having a place for those kids from Camp Joy...and I'm sooo glad I got to see him working there for 3 summers...it was so amazing seeing the ways he loves those kids and his heart and his gifts and just the ability he had leading camp...such a perfect job for him...and I'm so glad he gets to do it again, and that we can all be there to experience it together. Two little boys in tow will certainly make for a different experience than when we were there before...it will be so different, not even living there now - having had a whole 8 years of LIFE happen since we last stepped foot on that property. I think it will have its challenges, for sure, but -- what an adventure! What an awesome place for two little boys to spend an entire summer! I won't be working there, since Levi is too little to be giving this Mama too much 'free time' - but we'll incorporate ourselves into camp as much as we can -- I'm sure Jonah will especially! He is soo so excited! I'm so excited to do this as a family - and for Jonah to experience life there, and chapel with all those little cuties dancing their hearts out...and I'm so excited to see Jay do this...its been a long time since we've done this together - and so much of our lives now are lived 'separately', ya know? So - I'm excited that we'll all be there together, on the same property every day...and I'm excited that I will be able to 'escape' when I need to...I do so hate to be 'confined'...
anyways -- I'll keep posted...
This is getting rather long, and...honestly: I'm trying to watch TV!! - So I'll sign off. I'm excited for the change of pace we're about to enter in the next 3 weeks. So fun. a little 'hiatus' from our life. I think it will be so good for us. And I can hardly wrap my mind around the fact that when we come back, Jonah will be going to SCHOOL just a few days later. Insane. Time goes entirely too fast.
My little sister is getting ready to be married in 3 and a half weeks - and its so fun seeing her excitement getting her NEW HOME ready!! They just bought a house, and its only a 10 minute walk or less from my house! So, that's awesome...I'm so blessed to live so close to most of my family. I keep trying to 'warn' Jonah that we won't see them all summer long...I'm hoping he won't be home-sick...this boy loves his family!
Okay. I said I was signing off. And I am. Right now. G'night.
1 comment:
New York! Awesome! How wild and crazy of you two!!! :-) I look forward to reading about that adventure...
And happy shared Anniversary!! Man...a night all alone...we weren't quite as free-spirited as you guys this year! Ha!
Post a Comment