Wednesday, February 13, 2013

When people 'get you'

I'm increasingly realizing the gift of friendships and conversations with people who just 'get me'...when I don't have to 'defend' my point of view, my character, my choices...and the ease that comes with relationships of true depth and loyalty and understanding.  When many of my relationships seem strained or uncertain right now...the ones that are still just as true and safe and secure...are causing me to be even more aware of the joy and blessing of true friendship...I do have much love in my life...I used to think everybody loved me...a foolish thought, for sure...but I wasn't aware of any reasons to doubt that. Until I was...and life has never been the same for me since.  But I don't NEED everybody to love me. I know that.  But I am so incredibly grateful for those who do...the list seems to be getting smaller...but I do have to ask: did they really love me??? Not that true friendships are without their hurts and misunderstandings...I know that THAT is certainly not true...perhaps the opposite, in fact...the ones you love the most often HURT you the most...there's some safety in that, too, honestly.  My most difficult relationships, are the ones that matter the most...which is why when I'm hurt, it hurts deeper than hurt from someone who doesn't matter quite as much. My Mom reminded me that all the people causing such stress and hurt and frustration right now in my life...won't always be in my life...to remember that the people who really, truly LOVE me...will continue to do so...

And, its the figuring out of who they are and aren't...that is difficult sometimes.

But, to those who love me...and let me love them...I am grateful.

I live in a home full of love...I look 3 feet over beside me....and am blessed by this man of integrity and godliness...who, despite many odds...is still fighting to keep our church together...and still leading it with other men, despite personal attack and criticism and judgement...If it were up to me...he would have given up by now.  But he is striving to serve HIM and lift up HIM in this role...and will do so until God makes it clear to him he is released from his position. I love him...so much so, I am quite certain I couldn't even breathe without him...he is such a part of who I am...my very heart and soul. I'm honored to be his wife, to journey this life with him...and, he is still...after all these years...my favorite person to be with...the only one I could ever imagine living my life with...and knowing, without doubt, that I am loved by him...he adores me, he needs me, and he's my biggest fan...well...he's not ALL I have, but...if he was...I'd still be grateful it was him. I love that guy. The only Valentine I'd ever want.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love everything about this. How great it is when you wait faithfully for Gods chosen spouse. The reward is beyond amazing. Praise the Lotd for Godly husbands who anchor us and for friends who weather the storms and just "get you". Your own sis is one of those people for me. Xo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.