Sunday, November 25, 2012

Levi is 11 Months Old today...

Catchy title, I know. This is just an update, mostly for my own documentation...feel free to skip/skim...

 
I mean, this little fella. Absolutely melts our hearts. We are all just smitten with him.  I sometimes pay attention to the frustration I have at times with Jonah...and can't imagine that someday soon, I will likely have that same level of frustration with Levi...but right now...that's hard to even fathom...he's just so 'innocent' and little and sweet and funny and cute. I cannot believe he's been here for almost a year -- 11 months today, in fact. In some ways, its hard to imagine our lives without him, though -- he has just taken hold of our hearts. He is a little snuggle-bug...loves to cuddle -- and when we walk into his room to put him to bed, he immediately sticks his little thumb into his mouth and puts his head onto our arms and snuggles in with his blankie...and when we sing to him...he sings, too -- so sweet!! He is such a good baby.  BUSY!! He's rarely still, unless he's cuddling -- but he is just busy!! Very good to entertain himself, though. Typical second child! Very easy and happy. A good sleeper -- goes to bed around 7:00 every night - his wake-time is kind of unpredictable. He stopped nursing a couple weeks ago - so since then, his wake-time is a little more unpredictable. He was waking around 6:00 some mornings to nurse, but then he'd go right back to bed 'til 8:30 or 9:00 -- since he's stopped nursing - he wakes anywhere from 7:15 to 8:30-9:00...ya just never really know. Jonah is up promptly at 7:00, though -- but usually he's quiet enough not to wake Levi. Levi still naps usually twice a day -- usually at least 2 hours each nap...sometimes if he wakes late, his nap is later, and if he naps closer to 3 hours, that's all there's really time for, and he may just go to bed earlier.
 
He's still on the 'small side'...but our last appointment - a few weeks ago -- he was back ON the percentile chart -- 17 pounds, 7 ounces...but this kid can EAT!!! He loves food-food!! The more flavour and texture, the better!! And he's starting to really like to feed himself -- still just finger food -- I haven't let him try a spoon yet...shame on me.  and he LOVES milk...mostly drinks from a bottle - though he can use a sippy cup, too. 
 
Crawling everywhere -- and he's fast, too!!! Walking around things - but still no steps or standing on his own. he's pretty vocal and chatty -- has started making 'clucking' noises! he's very happy but doesn't really laugh a whole whole lot -- Jonah giggled and had such a hearty laugh all the time -- still does, in fact...its not that Levi's serious...he just doesn't full-out LAUGH all the time!
 
He loves Jonah -- and he seems to be very patient with Jonah's rough play and pulling and picking up and dragging him everywhere...they do pretty good sharing a room, too - though sometimes I separate them for naps, because they just chatter - mostly Levi - and its just too much of a distraction for Jonah.
 
I remember in the beginning weeks with Levi, I had such a hard time 'connecting' - my body was in such pain and crazy hormones and so much sleep deprivation and out of control emotions...it was hard for me to imagine loving him 'as much' as i loved Jonah...but our hearts are sooo, so full...I am seriously in love with this little boy...it is amazing to me the love you have as a parent...i am beyond -- BEYOND!!! -- grateful that God has given me these two little boys to mother...it is certainly not all bliss...but I feel so incredibly blessed and grateful to have these boys in my life...
 
11 months have certainly flown by...I am reminded often of the importance of savoring these days...they are fleeting...and I know without doubt I will miss these days when they are gone...
 
A simple reminder of THAT was on Friday when I registered Jonah for kindergarten. I don't even want to think about my days with him not being here....so...I will savour...
 
 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man oh man. levi. he has captured my heart for sure! I could snuggle this guy forever! I loooooooooooooooooooove him so much! I love reading about levi! he's awesome!
love EB