Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Disney Earth

This morning Jonah and I were watching some of the Disney Earth dvd we got from the library yesterday -- he and Jason watched some of it lastnight for 'boys night' while I worked - and this morning - while I was still in bed -- he brought the dvd in to me and couldn't wait for me to see 'the hilarious bird' and the 'sweet little polar bears that remind us of Levi' and the ducks that fly out of the trees that they named after each kid in Sunday school.

So I obliged. (after lying in bed for just a few minutes longer!)

And the very first opening 'scene' which shows a sort of icey castle-like sculpture...Jonahs says: "ooohh. this is a little bit scary." so I reply: "no, its not scary, Jo, its beautiful." So, he agrees and says "yeah, its beautiful...it looks just like heaven."

We're watching and he keeps commenting: "Ohhh...this part is so amazing."

"This part is beautiful..."

"I'm crying a little bit 'cause I just love it so much..."

"Can you believe this, Mama?? Did you know that God made all these things??"

After watching the Louie Giglio dvd "Indescribable" on Monday for small group, and watching this dvd about the incredible detail God has given to life on this earth...and seeing the awe in my 4 year old and how he sees God at work in the beautiful world He's created...God is more and more real. I wish I had that wonder all the time. I wish it wasn't so fleeting and I wasn't so self-centred to appreciate it all, all the time.

But I see Him. I don't always recognize what I'm looking at because I fail to acknowledge His beauty when I feel so human and so tired and so easily frustrated with this 4 year old of mine...but He is showing up in my life every day...and through these children of mine.  I love that.

And if you haven't seen either of these dvd's I've mentioned...do it. for real. you will not be disappointed.

No comments: