Sunday, May 13, 2012
Mother's Day
I woke up early this morning to hear lots of 'chattering' in the little bed a few feet away from my own...I don't know exactly what time, or for how long, as I kept being lulled back to sleep...but finally pulled myself out of bed to feed the littlest babe...and I love how even though I HATE being woken up (even if by a sweet little 4 month old), he redeems himself with smiles and cuddles so instantly that I (almost!) forget how incredibly exhausted I am...It is Mother's Day. And it is not so long ago I remember feeling so 'excluded' and lonely and wondering if I would ever be the "mother" on Mother's Day...and so I can't help but think today of the others I know who must be feeling this very same way, aching for their bodies to bare children and experience the blessing I know: of just being a Mama.
Its been a good day. I got a breakfast sandwich (my fave!), a delish smoothie, coffee, and delicious little pastry things...and a sweet little card made by my biggest boy...and Levi had a nice long nap before we went to my Mom and Dad's church...which doesn't always happen on a Sunday morning...and my kids were GOLDEN during church (always nice when you are visiting someone else's church) - and we had a yummy meal at our place, on the deck -- FRIED Chicken!!! made by Jay - and salads, and yummy cake!...and its been a good day...even if Jonah peed the bed during his nap (what on EARTH?!?!) and is sitting beside me instead of sleeping...and JAY is napping instead of ME!!! (is it FATHER'S Day, I asked him?!) -- but, I am feeling blessed...blessed to be a Mama. For real. Even if my days are not perfect, and my children are not perfect, and life is not always as I hoped or expected...I am blessed, for I have so much love in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment