...I am a belly sleeper. I have not slept on my belly for probably 8 months now. I haven't really slept great for almost 8 months now, too. Being pregnant doesn't really make belly sleeping very comfortable, and being a breast-feeding mama doesn't really make it very comfortable either. Or dry for that matter. I cannot wait to sleep on my belly again. Or sleep in general, to be honest. But - that's part of the territory, isn't it? Having a newborn?
Oh my word, I miss sleeping for an entire night without interruption.
Anyways. I'll try not to complain too much -- lucky for Jay, he gets the brunt of most of my frustrations and complaints these days.
My point of this entry is this:
Levi has been having an almost-2-hour nap!!!!
Big deal, right? Don't newborns sleep all the time, anyways?
HA!!! Not mine. I don't know what his deal is, but, unless he's in his carseat, and we're out-and-about..., or sleeping on one of us (normally his Dad - I seem to remind him of being a milk machine when I try to get his to sleep on me) -- this kid will not nap for more than...45 minutes at a time, typically.
Incredibly frustrating, to say the least.
And, don't bother giving me suggestions on what to try: I have seriously tried them.
Except for putting him on his belly.
Which I did this morning. On a cozy blanket in the middle of my kitchen floor, to be exact.
And this little guy, who loves to be cuddled to have a good sleep...has been sleeping for 2 hours. Without any human contact.
Its a miracle, really.
3 comments:
Oh, how I miss belly-sleeping! Or any kind of comfy sleeping! :-)
Both of my sisters kiddos ALL slept better on their tummies...all 6 of 'em! So you just may be on to something there!!!
First of all, YAY for long naps!! Go Levi! Give your mama a bit of a break and a glimmer of hope! As you know, all my babes (and me!) were belly sleepers too. SO happy he had a good nap for you. I am praying that he will continue to head down this long nap road. It is so exhausting and draining those first few months. Hang in there! You are doing amazing! I know that it feels like your life is one big circle of the same stuff right now, but it gets better and a little more predictable sooner than you know. I love you Kris. SO wish I could be there and live closer to drop in to give you a much needed break, hug, cup of coffee, and send you on your merry way to town, to pizza delight, to the movies, to the spa...anywhere! Just so you could get out a bit and clear your head. Force yourself to get out a bit this weekend, if you can. Or, Jay can take the boys out and you stay home and sleeeeep! ;) xoxooxoxo
oh, and I just have to say, i love your header! Levi and Jonah are so cute! And I am especially partial to the one of him wearing that cute hat! ;)
Post a Comment