Monday, July 18, 2011

Re-cap of Summer so far:


We were still ON vacation last time I wrote...my goodness, how quickly life just goes 'back to normal'...in a good way, don't worry! I am so happy I don't have to work (much) and that I get to continue to enjoy my summer, and just play and have fun, for the most part! In some ways I feel like I'm still waiting for summer, 'cause we haven't had consistently awesome weather, but...for a girl who loves the Fall, 'cause I'm not HOT all the time...I'm not complaining too much...what good would it do, anyways? On the rainy cold days...I just bake...or entitle myself to be a little lazy...or a little productive...whatever I feel like doing. I could not work full-time again, I'm quite certain: I love my life the way it is!!

Anyways...We had a great vacation - enjoyed our time with the fam, got to eat lots of yummy food and play outside alot - we had awesome weather! It didn't rain until we got to Calais, almost to Canada -- does it always rain in Calais?! I'm seriously beginning to wonder....

We had a lovely (but short!) visit with Kevin and Amy and their sweet, sweet little boys...Amy is my oldest friend in the world -- seeing as our mothers are best friends...we had no choice...the first 10 years we fought it, but...eventually gave in, didn't we, Ame?! And now we are dear old friends, who have that ability to just pick up where we left off...I love that. I do love myself some old friends...I feel quite blessed to have a number of them. No offence to the new ones, but...let's be honest. Ha!

We had a great time with my cousins, who were staying at a beautiful house on a gorgeous lake. We don't have lakes on PEI -- just tons and tons of ocean (which I love!) - but there is something so peaceful about a lake -- even if you're enjoying its peacefulness with some very LOUD and hilarious cousins! I do love those girls!

Got to spend our last night at a little camp with Brad and Alecia -- there are few people who make us laugh as hard as Brad - so much fun to see old friends...

I feel so blessed to HAVE old friends...and even more blessed that i get to see so many of them (of you!) at least every year...there is something about old friends, isn't there? People who know you so well...and love you just the same. I love that. I am realizing more and more the sweetness of true friendship...which makes a mediocre friendship so much more...un-sweet. I'm truly grateful for the friends in my life.

As I type, Angie is getting closer and closer to this little Island...I'm waiting for her to honk as she drives by, but...may have to head to bed before I hear that honk.

I love summer. I love that I can be home and spending so much time with my boy...who just LOVES...everything. He is so game to just go anywhere...and just as content to stay home. I do love that boy. He is changing and growing up so fast these days it seems. I am still such a happy little mama.

I am entering my 18th week of pregnancy. I can hardly believe that. Feels like its going so fast.

I must say how much I am enjoying time with my siblings these days...we are all on PEI right now...and I love that we get to spend so much time together...I know that is a gift not a lot of people get to enjoy with siblings tending to be all over the place...it may not last forever, so...while I can, I will enjoy as much time as I can with them. They rock.

Why I ramble on so on this blog, i don't know, but...that's just how I roll. All for now, though.

3 comments:

WakeupMaggie said...

I love that i am now officially counted as "an old friend" not an NBBI friend, though I am well aware of the connection NBBI peeps have,and Im not a childhood friend as Angie is so lucky to be nor am I amsibling... But i am an old friend who loves your dear heart, your sweet family and hearing all about yourlife whether in person, by phone or facebook or on ur blog..
Im so happy your trip went so well and you had such a nice time in Maine.

I love yah.. you are my best girl ...

Amanda xoxo

Jessica said...

Glad to hear you you had a great vacation. I am glad to have old friends too. It is so wonderful to be able to pick up right where you left off even if it has been ages since we last spoke.

Rachael said...

Welcome back home, old friend!!! :o) Sorry we weren't able to hook up, but I COMPLETELY understand. Our vacation to Canada to visit family was the only one we used to do, and it was always hard to really get it all in and still feel like it was restful! Perhaps next time we can make it happen...if not, I'll settle for our cyber-chats! Hope you're settling back in and getting REST! Take care of that wee little one! Well, both wee little ones, actually! :o)