Monday, April 11, 2011

Jonah's last night as a 2 year old

I just snuggled my 2 year old boy to bed for the last time. He's turning 3 tomorrow. I can hardly believe he'll be 3!! 3 is a BOY. 2 still seems like a baby a little bit, to me, but 3?! - 3 is a boy. I cannot tell you how much I love this little fella. He can drive me crazy sometimes, yes. But...he is just the absolute JOY of my life, I am not kidding you. Tonight he was ALL OVER me...pressing his body right into me, smooshing his face into mine, kissing me, wiping his snotty little nose on me, playing with my hair, tickling me, wrestling me...and I am just so incredibly thankful to have this little boy in my life...he's quite a character.

Tonight after reading him some Bible stories, we took him into his room and he wanted to tell US a story...it was kinda like this: "Oooooonnne dayyyyy...Jonah and Daddy and Mama...and Daddy and Mama...and Jonah...and Jesus...reading Jesus book...thhhhhheeeee end." I love that He knows about Jesus, and he sings about Him often...and prays to Him, and lifts his hands and closes his eyes when we sing "How He Loves Us" in church...I love his delight in making other people happy...tonight I got a pain in my stomach...and he immediately climbed on top of me with so much concern and kept asking me if I was okay...He is so aware of the world around him. Most of the time. Not so much when we're trying to discipline him: he goes into a weird "I can't hear you" place, but...we bring him back to reality, don't worry. Haha -- I love this boy. I realize I blog about him often, but...I'm allowed to.

So...as he sleeps upstairs, I am reminded of the goodness of God in my life...I am blessed, indeed. My heart longs for another baby, but I am daily trying to trust Him with that...and daily grateful for this little boy I DO have...He's brought so much joy and laughter to our home...I am so happy to be his Mama.

A few pics from 3 years ago:



And from his party on Saturday:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that last pic of him is soooo cute! i love him so much!
EB

Rachael said...

Wow! Three already? Crazy. Loved the pictures! Such a beautiful family...
Oh, and I didn't know you had a c-section with him. You MUST post his full birth story...for those of us whom don't know it! :-) Please?!

Angie said...

love the pics! love the cake! love that last picture of you guys! you are the best family! and he looks like such a ham! love it! thinkin of you kris...call me early next week..praying! xoxoxo

Marie said...

He's so cute. Happy Birthday Jonah! Frédérique just turned 1 on the 13th. I hope that you are doing good. Miss you!
xox